¡Vamos! Mexican-Style lager is gone, what will the replacement be?

See the arrow and the letter "e" on the bottom left
Earlier in the month, Boulevard made a couple of announcements regarding beers for 2020. You can read it for yourselves, but the two biggest headlines were Saison-Brett is coming back this year! Can I get a Hell Yeah!

The other big news was the discontinuation of ¡Vamos! Mexican-Style Lager. I will miss ¡Vamos!, but luckily there are plenty of Mexican Lagers in the market for our summer thirst.

With ¡Vamos! gone, “What is going to be the Royals collaboration?” BLVD won’t release these details but they did release a teaser in their press release. You can see a picture of the cans on the canning line, and if you zoom in closely you can see a letter “e.” After consulting my encyclopedia of beer styles there are not very many that end in “e.” I narrowed it down to four choices: Double, Triple, Bier de Garde, and Blonde.

The first one I ruled out was Bier de Garde. I know Boulevard likes its European beer styles, but I don’t really see this style meshing with summer baseball games. That left me with Double, Triple, and Blonde. I negated the first two, because in order for these beer styles to fit the spelling they would have to change from the traditional spellings of Dubbel and Tripel. With BLVD being traditionalists on beer styles I couldn’t see them changing the spellings just to make a baseball pun. Plus they have already released Nommo as a Dubbel and we all know about Long Strange Trippel. Although, I’m sure Trip Hogue wouldn't mind being able to drink his namesake beer on a beach or at a baseball game.

This leaves Blonde as my guess for the new Royals beer. Again this is just a guess, based on a blurry picture, but people have found Sasquatches out of blurrier pictures than this.

The powers that be have said they will make an official announcement sooner than later, but until then I guess we just have to play the waiting game or become BFF’s with some Boulevard employees.

Cheers,
Brett A. Myces

Other Popular Posts on KC Beer Blog