McCoy's is closing too?

You've read the eulogies of Tallgrass, then Rock and Run, and now McCoy's? At first I thought Tallgrass was an aberration, and Rock and Run was a fluke, but now McCoy's is gone too. I might be finally thinking there is something to this brewery bubble bursting conspiracy theory. I do not know any other information besides what the KC Star and Fox4 published, but it looks like December 23rd will be their last day, so get down to Westport and drink up buttercup, this is Kansas City's oldest brewery not name Boulevard. There is a reddit thread with their official press release here. I will miss their beers, their awesome patio, and skillet dip, but I will not miss the parking headaches and metal detectors at Westport.

 Wouldn't it be awesome if they just relocated to Rock and Run's building in Liberty? It has been a rough week at the KCBeerblog, so someone pour me a cold one.  At least we have the Chiefs, and hopefully there will be some good beer news on the horizon!



Cheers,
Brett A. Myces
A screenshot of McCoy's website


Other Popular Posts on KC Beer Blog