Two Hats, you will not be missed

Macrobrews have been trying to create microbrewery-type beers and using their distribution power to eat into the craft beer market for the last several years.  For example, Blue Moon, and  Reds Apple Ale are owned by MillerCoors, while Shock Top is owned by Anheuser-Busch.

I am always saddened when I hear of a brewery closing.  When I saw that the headline that Two Hats Brewery had closed, I began shedding a tear in my beer.  Then I read the fine print of the article from The Takeout and realized it was just another disguised ‘craft brewery’ by one of the multi-national beer conglomerates. 

My only experience with Two Hats, is a free tasting at the Country Stampede concert in Manhattan, Kansas.  Country Stampede is a macro-beer event, but if you are drinking all day, you do not need or want a high gravity beer.  I recommend the Coors Banquet of the options at the concert (Banquet, Coors Light, and Miller Light).  Two Hats also had a giant billboard in downtown Kansas City.  If you look at their twitter page you can clearly see how popular it was with 82 followers. It will not be missed.  Luckily I did not officially shed a tear in my beer. 

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fighting the good fight for all the craft breweries in the land of the free. Let freedom ring!

Cheers,
Brett A. Myces

Other Popular Posts on KC Beer Blog