Get to HopCat KC... Now






Summer Seasonal Menu for HopCat in Westport



This was my second time in a HopCat and my first time inside the Westport location. HopCat is one of the top craft beer bars in the U.S. and around the world according to Draft Magazine, Beer Advocate, and CraftBeer.com.

The experience in the HopCat Westport location was just as satisfying as my first. I was immediately floored by the selection of beers. With 130 taps altogether and 30 of those specifically dedicated to local breweries from the surrounding area. It is the ideal place to take a beer tour through the local region without ever leaving your bar stool.

What makes HopCat truly unique is their attention to detail in the menu items they offer. The menu changes seasonally just as the beer menu does and my wife and I were fortunate enough to sample 5 new menu options.

#1. Elotes Lollipops
Street-style, Mexican corn-on-the-cob, crema, ancho chili flakes, grated parmesan, cilantro.
A warm refreshing appetizer.





#2. Goat Cheese and Walnut Salad
Arugula, red onion, strawberries, walnuts, panko fried goat cheese croquettes, raspberry vinaigrette.
My personal favorite. The creamy texture of the goat cheese with the crunch on the outside made for a good contrast.

#3. Grilled Rosemary Chicken Salad Wrap
Grilled chicken salad, arugula, bacon, tomatoes and grapes in honey wheat wrap. Served with a cucumber tomato salad topped with feta cheese.
Great summer option that was both light and filling.





#4. Flying Pig
Half-rack of pork ribs & two chicken wings glazed in a smoky barbecue sauce. Served with elotes and house made baked beans.
A mean dish that lets you taste two elite dishes with both wings and ribs.





#5. Creme Brûlée Cheesecake
Fresh strawberries, Pirouline cookie, bourbon caramel sauce.
Melt in your mouth with just the right amount of sweetness.






We also had the opportunity to taste 3 beers on tap.

New Belgium Tartastic
#1. New Belgium Tartastic: (4.5% ABV, 3 IBU) I enjoyed this beer and felt is was more closely related to a summer shandy then a Berliner Weisse. I didn't get the tart bite that I get from other sours but still liked the beer.
#2. Cinder Block Amber BloKC (5.7% ABV 24 IBU) I immediately wanted to have another taster or even a pint of this. I was told that they brew this beer to pair with BBQ and it felt just perfect with the ribs. The maltiness and bread notes were just right.
#3. Sam Adams New England Style IPA (6.8% ABV 35 IBU) Not to fall into the trendy category but I do really enjoy this style. I would not fit into the double IPA and blow me away with hops group of beer drinkers. The Samuel Adams take on this style is terrific. I would definitely seek out a case of it in the future.
Martin City Hardaway IPA
#4. Martin City Hardaway IPA (7.5% ABV 65 IBU) (Bonus, we went to bar to purchase another beer)  This is a popular beer among local beer drinkers and it was my first time having it. Very enjoyable with an intoxicating aroma. Every sip screamed that this is the right way to make an IPA.



Other Popular Posts on KC Beer Blog