Beer for the Weekend - Lagunitas New Dogtown Pale Ale

Lagunitas Pale Ale was on my short list of beers to include on my radio appearance yesterday. A couple of reasons why it didn't make the cut; I think most Kansas Citians who've made a foray into craft beer have had a Boulevard Pale Ale, it may have taken, it may not have. I didn't want to advocate a style that someone had tried and maybe not enjoyed, though I still advocated the Tallgrass Halcyon because it's just that good. Second, I went a little Lagunitas crazy last time I was on the show and I wanted to spread the love a little bit.

But, Lagunitas New Dogtown Pale Ale is one of my favorite beers to have around at all times. It's not the most popular of the Lagunitas offerings, in fact it's not even sold in Missouri anymore, but, I enjoy it more than the Lagunitas IPA. With some new Lagunitas offerings on the way next week, reacquaint yourself (or acquaint yourself) with one that's been in town for a while. Lagunitas New Dogtown Pale Ale is the beer for the weekend.

Mike's Liquor Store on Wornall and 83rd is having a Lagunitas tasting tonight starting at 4. You can get a taste of some Hop Stoopid and Lagunitas IPA and you may get a taste of Maximus, Censored and Imperial Stout if the distributor gets them in today.

Other Popular Posts on KC Beer Blog