Ballast Point KC! Launch Events Today!

Ballast Point! In KC! I thought this day would never come.
I had the Ballast Point Sculpin IPA fresh in San Diego about a year ago and it changed my whole outlook on IPAs. In my opinion, it perfectly embodies the new world tropical hop character that so many brewers try to pull off these days. It's got that super fruity hop aroma typical of the New Zealand and Australian hops with lemon, grapefruit, mango, apricot, and peach characteristics. At the same time, it's got a solid floral fresh hop backbone and a solid balance. Bitter, but not make you cringe bitter like some of the SD IPAs.


At the time I had it, it was probably in the top 5 IPAs I had ever tasted. I kind of assumed that we wouldn't ever get Ballast Point in town, but now Central States is doing me a solid and they're bringing BP to KC! And it's happening today! There's four launch events today:

11am - Martin City Brewing Co
3pm - Green Room Burgers & Beer
4:30pm - Barley's Brewhaus Midland 
6pm - Tapcade

At each of the events they're going to be taping:

Sculpin IPA
Grapefruit Sculpin IPA
Calico Amber Ale
Big Eye IPA

In addition to the tappings, the brewers will be on hand at Barley's at 7pm for a meet and greet. So go show them some KC love and make this gloomy day brighter with some of the best IPAs in the world!

Other Popular Posts on KC Beer Blog