Short Pours Week of 4/13


Boulevard Brewing New Releases

At the beginning of the year, I made a somewhat half-hearted resolution to cut back on my spending towards beer.  I say half-hearted because in my mind I know that there is always going to be a new release expected soon that I couldn’t pass up.  Overall I feel I have done pretty well budgeting so far this year.  My girlfriend will probably roll her eyes at that statement but compared to years past, it is an improvement.  Boulevard Brewing Co., however, is really going to test me and anyone else with a similar resolution this week. 

Starting Tuesday 4/14, Boulevard will release the 2015 version of Saison-Brett and Love Child No. 5, along with Ginger Lemon Radler, Pop-Up IPA and Unfiltered Wheat in cans for the first time.  Saison-Brett is one of my favorite releases each year, not just from Boulevard, but from any brewery.  It pairs well with just about any meal and is a perfect beer to sit outside and enjoy as the days get warmer and longer.  The release of Saison-Brett alone has me excited for the week but Boulevard decided to spoil us with the release of Love Child No. 5 and a perfectly timed release of three of their beers in cans as summer quickly approaches. 


Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales Keep the Glass Night – Bier Station

If you haven’t tried a beer from Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales in awhile, this may be a good week to revisit them.  With sour beer being all the rave these days, Jolly Pumpkin is still criminally overlooked in my opinion.  Their year round, and majority of seasonal, beers are easy to find and are fantastic examples of farmhouse and wild ales.  

On Tuesday April 14th at 5:00pm, Bier Station will be tapping some beers from Jolly Pumpkin and with the purchase of one of the beers you get to walk out of Bier Station the new owner of the glass pictured to the left.  The Jolly Pumpkin beers available for the evening are:

Bam Biere – Saison
Oro de Calabaza - Belgian-style strong golden ale
Madrugada Obscura – Belgian-style stout

The glasses are one per person and there is a limited supply so be sure to get there early.




New Belgium Lips of Faith Tap Takeover – Rock and Run Brewery

I don’t get up North that often.  Since I live within a couple minutes of Westport and Downtown, I typically stay around this area when going out for a couple beers.  I have nothing against any places up North but if I can save some money by taking a short cab ride or walking somewhere, it is worth it in my mind.  One place I always try to visit when I am in Liberty though is Rock and Run Brewery.  I think they make some great beers there on-site and have one of the best draft lists in the area.  They definitely know beer there.  

On Tuesday April 14th from 6:00pm-8:00pm, they are hosting a tap takeover that will feature five New Belgium Brewing beers, including four from their Lips of Faith series.  The featured beers include:

Lips of Faith Yuzu
Lips of Faith Coconut Curry
Lips of Faith La Folie 2014
Lips of Faith Salted Belgian Chocolate Stout
New Belgium Hop Kitchen



Kansas City Pet Project Night – Cinder Block Brewery


On Wednesday April 15th from 5:00pm-8:00pm, Cinder Block Brewery will be hosting an event at their brewery to benefit Kansas City Pet Project.  There is a $5 cover at the door that will allow you to purchase any of Cinder Block’s year round beers for $3 during the event.  Cinder Block’s year round beers include Weathered Wit, Paver Porter, Prime Extra Pale Ale, Northtown Native and Block IPA.  In addition to being able to purchase $3 beers, you will also receive a raffle ticket for an entry to win a prize package from Cinder Block and KC Pet Project.  Additional raffle tickets can be purchased for $5.  Back Rack BBQ will also be in attendance for the event with BBQ options and vegetarian choices available for purchase during the event.  All proceeds from the cover charge and raffle tickets will go to benefit KC Pet Project. 









Other Popular Posts on KC Beer Blog