Harry's Country Club


Heaven... I'm in heaven,
And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak.
And I seem to find the happiness I seek,
When I'm drinkin' at Harry's week to week.

Isn't that how the song goes? Well it should because Harry's Country Club is a wonderful bar evocative of all things heavenly. Fabulous tap choices..check, Wonderful martini choices..check, good menu..check, great happy hour specials..check, a bearded red headed bartender..check. Harry's has it all.

While sitting at the bar not one, not two, not three but four different people ordered a PBR in the can (the cylindrical thing that holds beer not the bathroom). But I preferred the draught beer specials, sticking to my rule of only drinking draught beer when there is wonderful beer on tap and Harry's definitely has good taps, featuring Kronenbourg 1664, Newcastle Brown, all the Boulevard brothers and a healthy dose of New Belgium.

I would have stuck to my plan too if it weren't for those meddling Croats. Bearded red headed bartender was putting some bottles in the icebucket of a beer I'd only heard of from looking at the happy hour specials. I asked if that was the Karlovacko, he said yes. Wes' eyes lit up like when I tell my daughter there's a cookie in her future, he got so excited I think he may have wet himself a little (milk or lemonade not determined). "I haven't had that since Croatia, we've got to stay!" So, stay we did and it was well worth it. Karlovacko is the best pivo I've ever had and one of the best beers (if you speak Croatian that is a funny joke, if you don't, well tough luck).

Harry's Country Club in the River Market; go for the Karlovacko, stay for the red head bearded bartender.

Happy Hour 3-6 every day
$5.75 *
City Fried Chicken
Grilled Salmon
Pan Fried Catfish
Penne w/Spicy Vodka, Tomato
and Cream
(Add Salmon or Grilled Chicken $3)

$3.75 *
Steakburger
Chicken Breast
BLT
Veggie Burger
Onion Rings
Chips w/Black Bean
Three Crispy Tacos
(Chicken or Beef)

Wine $3
Sangria
Sangria Pitcher
$10
Beringer W. Zin
14 Hands
Chardonnay
14 Hands
Cabernet

Draught Beer $2.50
Kronenbourg 1664
Newcastle
Amstel Light
Sunshine Wheat
Fat Tire
Skinny Dip
Pitcher $9

Can/Bottled $2.50
Coors Banquet Can
Coors Light Can
MGD Can
Miller High Life Can
Miller Lite Can
Shiner Bock
Karlovacko (Croatian
Lager)

Cocktails $3
Hendrick’s Gin
Well Drinks
Margarita Rx
(Juice .50)

Martinis $4
Hendrick’s Gin
Well Gin/Vodka
Cosmopolitan
Appletini
Bomb Pop
Pomegranate
Lemon Drop

Other Popular Posts on KC Beer Blog