Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Tapping the Parabola

What are you doing tonight? I know what you should be doing...going to The Flying Saucer at 6 to get in on some Firestone Walker Parabola on tap. I've yet to have my bottle of Parabola, but if it's the RIS version of Abacus and 14 it's got to be the best beer on tap in KC tonight. It won't be there tomorrow. I don't know if it will be there at 9 tonight. Your best bet is to get there at 6, get a ticket, get a snifter to take home for $1 and get your pour of Parabola. It's probably going to be your last shot at Parabola until next year, make the most of it.

7 comments:

  1. It really is that good, probably the best RIS I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're getting some. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't be able to make it till 6:30. Hopefully I can still get a ticket for a glass and a pour. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To those who got a taste - was it as good as advertised?

    ReplyDelete
  5. quite good, not quite KBS IMO, but nothin' better than RIS release in late June!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's awesome, smell smell smell....drink smell, smell, drink. It's also great with a bit of DoubleJack blended in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They still had the 22oz bottles on 7/1 (at $25 per, I can see why). I browbeat some of the other bar patrons and found a guy that agreed to split the cost.

    Best RIS ever. Absolutely the most pleasant silky mouthfeel I have ever experienced with a stout. The vanilla and oak and roast all worked together beautifully.

    ReplyDelete