Flying Saucer 3rd Anniversary

3 years ago from May 1, I walked into The Flying Saucer 5 seconds after they unlocked the doors for the first time. I found my seat, ordered a Bell's Oberon, and found my new favorite bar in KC. I think many people had the same experience as I did over the next couple of weeks. It's the only taxpayer subsidized P&L bar worth selling out my principles for and rightly so. They've made the KC beer community a little tighter and less underground.

On Sunday, May 1, The Flying Saucer will hold its 3rd Anniversary Party to celebrate their wonderful success. You'll get a raffle ticket when you get in the door making you eligible for wonderful Flying Saucer prizes, you can also purchase more raffle tickets for $5 or 5 canned goods/book of 5. All proceeds from the raffle will go to benefit Harvester's.

Now that that's out of the way let's get to the beer. They'll be tapping 10 special beers that day, one every hour on the hour. When I write special, I mean Flying Saucer special; 2007 Cantillon Iris; Struise Black Damnation III – Black Mes; Struise Black Damnation IV – Coffee Club; Bell’s Batch 10,000 Ale; Firestone Walker Abacus Barley Wine; and Firestone Walker 14 Anniversary Ale. That's just 6 of the beers, Abacus alone is worth the price of admission, which is free anyway.

The first tapping is at noon on May 1 with the last tapping at 9. Get there early so you can camp out at your favorite table.

Other Popular Posts on KC Beer Blog