Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gordon Biersch to Leawood

Gordon-Biersch is going to lay down another brewpub in Leawood, my least favorite of the Johnson County suburbs. Joyce Smith of the Star* reports that Gordon-Biersch will the newest tenant in Leawood's Park Place (117th and Nall near Town Center) joining tenants like Cupcake a la Mode, Ra Sushi, California Pizza Kitchen and Trezo Mare Vino. It will be nice to have another beer location for that area, Blanc Burger and Bottles being the other around Leawood.

*Hey little sister paper of the Star, this is how a link works. When something is on the Internet you wish to use, you include a hyperlink to said information and cite their work. I could have written "some local papers are reporting", but I didn't, I show respect to Joyce Smith and her fine work. Maybe you can do the same from now on.

I'm a fan of Gordon Biersch but not a regular visitor. They mostly brew German lagers and while they do a good job, the selection just isn't what I would like. Since they're now the same company I would prefer this was a Rock Bottom Brewery coming in, but I've brought that up before.

5 comments:

  1. Trezo Mare is in the Northland. Trezo Vino is in the Leawood development.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were supposed to be in that development at 135th and Metcalf before the developers went bankrupt or whatever happened to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I wish they would have mentioned my sister-in-law's flower shop too, but I'll believe GB being there when I see them break ground. They were supposed to put a GB at 135th and Metcalf a couple of years ago and that kept getting delayed repeatedly. I'll email the lady at GB who might know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget Paddy O'Quigleys: it's the best bar in Leawood and has a good variety of Boulevard beers. 810 Zone and Blue Moose are also good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. According to GB, they are looking into the space, but nothing has been finalized yet, just so you know.

    ReplyDelete