Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Boulevard Chocolate Ale


I haven't heard many specifics on Boulevard's Chocolate Ale since it was first announced last year. A few acquaintances have sampled the beer at the brewery and were unable to pin down the style or give any specifics on what it tasted like other than, "chocolaty..." I came across this image of the back label of the Chocolate Ale bottle and thought I'd share it. There are a few more details here on the collaboration with Elbow and the style of beer they settled on. It didn't answer all my questions but I did enjoy reading it just the same.

7 comments:

  1. Should be interesting. I don't think I've seen a pale beer get the chocolate treatment before, it's always stouts & porters. I'm looking forward to trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drank a bottle on NYE and it's pretty damn incredible. The chocolate flavor is right on and not bitter at all. If you like milk chocolate (or chocolate milk) you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you share where you bought yours LC?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is not out yet. I will let you guys know when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Per a friend that works there it may be delayed for a month or 2 because now they have to get a food licensing through FDA since the ingredient chocolate is considered food. Not sure how that works, that's just what I heard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would also love to try this chocolate ale' . This might somehow taste a bit of sweet and bitter. Yay.. :) How about its price in the market and where possible to buy like this one?

    Beer Tour

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lei, I believe it was $7.99 a pop. Look for it around 2012 Valentine's Day. It's so much better FRESH than it would be now (if you ARE able to find a bottle).

    ReplyDelete