Thursday, April 30, 2009

Flying Saucer Anniversary

It's been a year since my first trip to the Flying Saucer in Kansas City. They've apparently seen fit to have a celebration of my first visit. Since my first visit was on their first day open I guess you could say that they are celebrating their first anniversary but I think they're really celebrating earning my kids' college fund.
A YEAR of GREAT BEER
Help Us Celebrate Our First Anniversary
THIS SAT., MAY 2 @ 2pm
Tapping 8 Rare Beers:
BEAR REPUBLIC RACER X
BEAR REPUBLIC THE GRIZZ
BEAR REPUBLIC NORCAL ALE
SCHLAFLY BOURBON BARREL IMPERIAL STOUT
AVERY SAMAEL'S
2007 GREAT DIVIDE OLD RUFFIAN
2007 BELL'S EXPEDITION STOUT
SIERRA NEVADA BROWN SAISON
_____________________
plus Raffling Great Beer Swag!
Flying Saucer

5 comments:

  1. What the.... Parkville beer fest AND Racer X on tap AT THE SAME TIME??? Quite possibly the best beer weekend in Kansas City of 2009?

    See you there. I'll be wearing my Moylan's baseball shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Amy, rub it in! I have a wedding which requires my sobriety...

    It's fun tasting beers that have been aging, and barleywines (Old Ruffian) and imperial stouts (Expedition) are the best. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not on the subject of this specific blog, but was wondering if you guys would be able to find a meeting place for KC area Beer Advocates. I know there is currently supposed to be a get together May 16th or 17th but they are having trouble finding a place that will allow them to bring in a few bottles of their own and reserve an area for them. Could be a good business move for someplace to designate themselves as the KC Beer Advocate headquarters. Anyway just thought I let you guys know and see if you would have any suggestions. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazingly, Kansas is the place to go as it is legal in Kansas to bring your own beer to a restaurant. For my purposes I have found that Spin! Pizza in Olathe allows you to bring your own beer in (with a minor corkage and glassware fee). It might not be that great for a large group because it tends to get kind of loud. I don't remember if they have a deck or anything, but they may be worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete