Saturday, February 14, 2009

Firkin Hopslam


The Flying Saucer will be tapping a firkin of Hopslam on March 4th at 7 PM. I'll wait to let that sink in.

That's right a cask Hopslam. Hopslam is the wonderful hopful Imperial IPA from Bell's brewery. I had a pint recently at the Flying Saucer and absolutely adored it. It might be the best Imperial IPA I've had, and I've had a few. It comes in a little pricey at $6/pint or $16/sixer but it's well worth it for one glass of a first class seasonal. I can only imagine how great it is out of a firkin.

I'll be there, will you?

Thanks to Gary Briggs for the heads up.

5 comments:

  1. Um, where are you finding sixers of the Hopslam? And why have you been holding out on us?

    Because yes, the Hopslam is some good beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Gomers in parkville had quite a bit last time I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be there. I recently had a couple of Hopslams at Stub And Herb's Bar in Minneapolis. It's terrific stuff (but is a bit dangerous due to its high alcohol content!). I'm curious what it tastes like from a firkin.

    By the way, Stub and Herb's possibly has the best beer menu I've ever seen in a joint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be there.

    A lil' FYI- Waldo Pizza does pitchers of Hopslam for $16.95.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is a firkin anything like a merkin? If so, I'm there.

    ReplyDelete