Monday, June 9, 2008

Paddy's in the Crossroads Closed

Sad news for us at the KC Beer Blog Paddy O'Quigleys in the crossroads has closed. Wes and I cut our teeth writing about Lois the bartender over there. I even forced my coworkers over there for a couple of happy hours. It wasn't the perfect place, but I enjoyed my time there and it was one of my first regular go to bars downtown. A sad day indeed, I wonder where Lois is going to end up.


  1. There's a Paddy's in the Hen House strip mall in the Northland near my mother-in-law's house.

    Beer selection: quite good
    Atmosphere: lame

    But I suppose there is only so much you can expect out of a strip mall location.

  2. The food was sewage. The customers were thugs, and atmosphere was generic sports bar. I was never going back there...

    At least it failed for a reason, it sucked.

  3. I wasn't the biggest fan of the place -- if I was in the area, the Cashew offered better food, service and atmosphere. However, I fear this may be the first of several such closings. The combination of the smoking ban on top of the P&L opening isn't good for the short term for a lot of local bar owners...