Favorite Beer

Free State Brewing Octoberfest

Everyone has their favorite beer, their go-to beer, tailgate beer, lake beer, best beer, and so on. My favorite beer is the Free State Octoberfest from Free State Brewing in Lawrence, Kansas. I am not going to say that this is the best beer that I have ever tasted but it is my favorite. This seasonal is a Marzen style at 5.4% and 25 IBU. It was first brewed in 1989 and is their best selling beer.

This beer arrives on shelves in the fall and that also coincides with my favorite season. Free State Octoberfest has a warming feeling that is perfect for the crisp cool days that remind you why you love wearing your favorite hooded sweatshirt.

I love the clean amber color of the beer. The aroma is not overpowering like a hopped up IPA but I can pick up subtle malt notes and even nutmeg. The mouthfeel is just right with a sweet malt flavor that then turns into a nice roasted malt flavor as you finish.

I could drink 1 or 6. I love having it in the fall but would also buy it year round. I have been trying many new beers lately and greatly enjoying them. With everything popping up around KC and the surrounding area, it is easy to forget about that first true love. 

Never forget your favorite beer. 

Other Popular Posts on KC Beer Blog