The first Beer School class is tonight with Boulevard, and will also serve as their official Ginger Lemon Radler release party for Kansas. One of the Boulevard brewers, Cris Morgan, will be there to talk about the new brew. If you haven't had a chance to try it yet, you should definitely give it a shot. I'm a huge radler fan so I'm probably biased, but I know I'll be drinking a lot of it this summer. Then again, Boulevard has some steep competition with McCoy's Ginger Shandy and Stiegl's Grapefruit Radler. It's pretty hard to beat either of those. Mmmm...radler...
Oh and you should probably get to Burg & Barrel early so you can eat one of their burgers. They're pretty much amazing. I'd personally recommend the Gotye, but I also just noticed that they've got a new burger on the menu with bacon, peanut butter, sriracha, and a fried egg. It's insanity!
Here are some more details about the Beer School from Burg & Barrel:
- We will host 6 Beer Classes in our new event space--The Rickhouse
- Each class will be on a Monday starting at 7p
- We will have reps and brewers out to talk about their beer, breweries and answer any questions our "students" may have
- We will feature 4 beers from each brewery--we will offer flights to try all 4 as well as offer glasses of each
- You can pay the "$75 Summer Tuition" which gets you a seat at each class, a 4-beer flight at each class, our Beer School T-shirt and a guaranteed seat at the Founders class, which will be our KBS party. (Our KBS will be exclusive to the Beer School students. We will allow walk-ins if there are still open seats)
- You can also attend individual classes without paying the full $75 price as long as there are seats available. Flights and pints will be served at the normal bar prices for walk-ins.
- June 2nd - Boulevard (Ginger Lemon Radler Release Party)
- June 23rd - Stone (IPA, Go-to IPA, Enjoy By 7-4-14 & Ruination 10)
- July 14 - Mother's
- July 21 - Lagunitas
- August 11 - Founders (KBS Party)
- August 25 - Santa Fe