Monday, January 14, 2013
Parkville Microbrew Festival Logo Contest
Posted by Patrick Mullin
Interested in free admission to a beer festival, plus hundreds of people drunkenly ooh-ing and ah-ing over your creative handiwork? Well you're in luck! The organizers of the Parkville Microbrew Festival, which will be entering its 10th year in 2013, are holding a logo contest for this year's event, which will take place on Saturday, April 27th. If your submission is chosen, your logo will appear on all festival advertising, the tasting notes book, t-shirt and the souvenir tasting glass. PLUS, you will get free admission to this year's festival. Interested? There are a number of guidelines you'll want to read before you start designing, so take a look below. Good luck to anyone who enters!
Guidelines for the 10th Annual Parkville Microbrew Fest
1) Versions of the logo need to be available in color, black&white/grayscale, and black on a transparent background.
2) Any logo or typographical set up should be usable in both horizontal and vertical configuration in order to be visible on wide banners as well as narrow print pieces and the tasting glass
3) File resolution should be at least 300 dpi at a large size. Ideal: Original art file created in Illustrator (submitted with all type turned to outline) or Photoshop (submitted at an unflattened file at high resolution. Similar file types that adhere to these guidelines will be accepted.
• FYI, logos could range from 2”wx1”h to 4”wx2”h on the tasting glass (depending on glass vendor) so please design appropriately.
4) All designs produced must include the words:
• “Historic Downtown Parkville”
• “Parkville Microbrew Fest”
• “10th Annual”
5) The winning submission will require the winner to sign over copyright ownership of the logo so that Main Street Parkville Association can use it legally in all publications.
6) Winner will receive recognition on tasting notes, free admission, and a free t-shirt from the event (the logo will be featured on the front of the t-shirt).
7) Submissions will be accepted until midnight on 2/8/13. Please email all submissions to Kristin Harris (Event Co-Founder) at email@example.com
• Beer themes: mugs, kegs, barrel, taps, cans, bottles, randall
• Park themes: river, grass, tents, trees
• Parkville themes: train, college, main street
• Longevity theme: 10th Annual