|Photo courtesy of The Pitch|
- Another round of Rye-on-Rye will hit store shelves in December 2012
- Two new Smokestack releases will come out in the first few months of 2013. One is a Black Rye IPA, which many of us have tried as a test brew, and the second they describe as a "distinctive coffee ale." I thought the mention of a coffee ale was especially interesting. I thought there was a long lost interview from the past where in which John McDonald expressed a specific lack of interest in making a coffee beer, but I could be imagining things. Either way, I'm curious to see if this is a collaboration with a local company (Broadway? Roasterie?), and exactly what kind of beer it is, since it's not specified as a stout or porter, just an 'ale.'
- Saison-Brett, Reverb and Harvest Dance will all return
- After being missing in 2012, Bourbon Barrel Quad makes its way back into the lineup, though rumor has it that the beer won't see shelves until fall.
- Imperial Stout will also be making a return after being absent in 2012
- Sorry Team Two Jokers, but our favorite sour mash witbier is not mentioned at all in the lineup that Boulevard posted. Does this mean it absolutely won't be released? No, of course not, but it was a little disheartening that it wasn't listed.
- It's mentioned that they have more collaboration beers in the works for 2013. They don't specify exactly what or who they are with, but I've heard through the grapevine recently that a version of the SAVOR Terra Incognita may be in the works. Also, as I recall, the Surly Brewing folks were in Kansas City visiting earlier this year, and made a stop at Boulevard. This could mean absolutely nothing, but it's fun to think about, right?
- No mention of any new version of Love Child, which I think we all were probably crossing our fingers for (though maybe at a slightly lower price point?)
What do you think about the 2013 Smokestack news from Boulevard? Anything you are especially excited or disappointed about?