Wednesday, December 28

Six Row Coming to KC

Evan Benn of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch announced today on Twitter that Six Row Brewing Company out of St. Louis signed a statewide distribution contract and is expected to have bottles and kegs available in Kansas City (as well as Jefferson City and Columbia) sometime in January.

It appears that (at least as of a month ago) the only beers they are bottling are their 'Whale' (a wheat/pale ale), a Strong Porter and a Double IPA. I'm currently trying to find out exactly what Kansas City will be getting in terms of kegs, and will update this post once I have that information. Just looking at their beer list, I'm interested in trying the Belgian Dubbel and Fresh Hop Black IPA, so hopefully we will be seeing some of their seasonal and special styles in kegs.

While I've never had the opportunity to try Six Row beers, I'm excited to have another Missouri brewery available in our area. Have any readers tried Six Row? What did you think?

UPDATE: I was able to get in touch with someone at Six Row who provided me with specifics on their arrival in KC. North Kansas City Beverage will be distributing, and initially we will be receiving 1/6BBL kegs and 22 oz. bottles of the three styles mentioned above, the Whale, Porter and Double IPA. 

10 comments:

  1. There's definitely some great beer being made in St Louis right now. I've had Six Row and their beers are good. I hope that more STL breweries consider shipping some beer our way. It would be nice to buy Perennial or Urban Chestnut bottles whenever I want them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urban is fantastic and the guys who brew it are a class act. I went shortly after they opened earlier this year and they were very hospitable. Six Row took good care of us too. It will be nice having them in town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone know which distributor will be distributing? Crawford probably?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff, I've reached out to the guys at Six Row and hopefully will have that info soon. When I do, I will be sure to edit the post with that updated information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is North Kansas City Beverage Company for Jackson, Clay, Platte, Ray, and Cass counties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No snickerdoodle? Show us some love Six Row.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Though I'd rather have a Bully Pilsner, I heard Morgan Street was coming to KC too. Is this true?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This might sound like a "grass is always greener" statement, but hopefully this starts a trend of any recent upstarts in STL that bottle distributing out this way. I was out there about a month ago and was totally blown away. Between Urban Chestnut, Perennial, Square One, Six Row, and a few others- there is a very cool hyper-local beer community developing that is frankly well beyond anything we have in KC. It's practically worth a weekend visit of it's own.

    Perennial is especially doing some incredible stuff. "Abraxas"- their Mexican Chocolate Stout - is one of the best stouts I've had outside of the Founders line. Fresh Hop Red Saison is also something pretty special.

    Makes me hope that Wilderness or other local breweries with tasting rooms/bars/pubs will develop in KC soon...

    -tom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping someone out there -- including Six Row reps -- can help. Where is Whale available? I've tried to get that info from the distributor, but there isn't an entry for Six Row yet. The only place I've found Whale on tap is: Gilhouly's, which is super b/c I'm just find drinking there and playing pool. But would really like to know if there are other places DT or MT or even out South that sell Whale or other variations of Six Row. I think the previous poster is right. Might just have to go to St. Louis to get what I need directly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nevermind. Found this:

    http://sixrowbrewco.com/FindUs-Missouri.html

    Mystery solved. Happy drinking everyone.

    ReplyDelete