Tuesday, October 4, 2011

CBS Now!

These are dangerous times on KC's streets. You could be between a beer geek and an unclaimed sixer bomber of Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout(CBS). This is the first time CBS has been bottled and it's the beer geek's white whale. This is a super limited release with super big demand, meaning it will all be gone immediately. Royal Liquor on State Line has sounded the horn that they have theirs. It will be at all the usual suspect stores by tomorrow. Get your name on a list and don't be a jerk. Once you've gotten some don't go get more at another store. Spread the love, enjoy the karma. Be a dear and leave a comment where you got yours, how much is left at the store (if you can ascertain that info) and any limits that are in place.

7 comments:

  1. Royal on State Line sold out in 10 minutes. My buddy is already standing in line for the 5 o'clock release, and he just texted me and said somebody else is standing in line, too. I wouldn't count on getting a bottle from them, unless you are in line right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, Lukas at 135th has a list, so if your name isn't on it, don't bother going there. Gomer's South said they are definitely getting some tomorrow, but wouldn't give a time or amount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You all should have driven the two hours to Columbia today. I hopped over to the Schnucks around the corner and got mine. The manager had to go in the back and unpack it for me. That was at 11:00 am. They're all gone now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cluster with a capital C...really starting to dread these limited releases, and how the beer is allocated to the stores. I was most happy when I called the Hy Vee at 64th and I-29, and the lady said it was "here and gone". When I pried further she said they had only gotten 1 case, and there had been someone there waiting for it. I said "you let someone buy the entire case???". She said "yes".

    Unreal. Will be sending an email to the distributor expressing my displeasure with that, and my hope that store is never allocated again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had someone in Columbia get me one after striking out in KC. I only knew it was in Columbia after seeing a tweet from someone saying they were "whore-ding" CBS. Luckily at least one store was limiting purchases and I got one. Apparently Columbia got 3.5 cases.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep. Our main distributor Marcie did a fantastic job scoring us those cases, spreading them throughout town, and letting the Columbia Beer Enthusiasts know that they were there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's ridiculous that these are going for $75+ on eBay right now. Wish I had gotten a bottle, I'd love to try some.

    ReplyDelete