Thursday, September 1, 2011

Schlafly Citrus Witbier

The newest of the Schlafly 20th Anniversary beers, Citrus Witbier, is going to be tapped tonight at 7 at The Flying Saucer. This may be your only shot at getting a drink of the Citrus Wit. Riot Room will have it over the weekend and bottles will come to town in the next couple of weeks. But, if it's like the other 2 anniversary beers to be released, there won't be enough to go around.

The Citrus Witbier is a traditional Belgian Wit brewed by Schlafly's third generation of brewers, the ones responsible for taking Schlafly into the role of regional brewer. The Citrus Witbier is definitely worth a shot and you're not going to get many, make the most of it and get out to the Saucer tonight if you're interested.

7 comments:

  1. I had a pint of this at the taproom just before Musselmania last month and thought it was pretty boring. It didn't taste like a very good wit and wasn't all that citrusy. This was the most disappointing 20th anniversary beer yet. I really liked the Hop Toddy but will be skipping the Citrus Wit when it comes to town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to the Raspberry Coffee stout. Even if it sounds like a drink that Caribou Coffee would make, but I think Schlafly has one of the best Coffee Stouts out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GaryB(the Schlafly guy)September 1, 2011 at 12:34 PM

    Paul A. Ner, Sorry to hear you didn't like it. Because I respect your opinion quite a bit. I have not had it yet. Nevertheless, the first 10 people to come up to me at the Saucer and say "Paul A.Ner is an AssClown" gets a Citrus Wit on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greatest contest idea ever!

    James, Raspberry Coffee Stout is only sold in St. Louis at Schnucks Culinaria grocery stores. We won't get any in KC. And it's as good as you imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Bull,

    I should have addressed the Raspberry Coffee stout. Schnucks in Columbia and Jefferson City got some as well, but I believe it is long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice blog... have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

    ReplyDelete