Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Stone IRS Day

Now that you're already going to explore whiteness today, you may as well explore the black. Stone Imperial Russian Stout is hitting KC store shelves today. This is the first time in KC for the IRS and is only available in Missouri. The IRS is one of the best Stone beers and shouldn't be missed if you're a fan of either Stone or Imperial Stouts, I count myself as both.

The IRS will age wonderfully but is ready to drink now and shouldn't have too much of an alcohol burn which is good for a 10.5% ABV beer. This is our first shot at a limited release Stone beer so we'll have to see how much is around, but I don't think it should be that hard to get your hands on if you're so motivated and for only ~$6/22 oz. bottle how could you not be so motivated. You should be able to find it any Missouri Stone retailer, if you don't see it, you might ask for it.

It's black and white day in KC, get the best of Boulevard and Stone with a little Deschutes thrown in in one trip to the store.

11 comments:

  1. Gomer's South had several, $5.59 a bottle/2 bottle limit.

    I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed that when I walked in the door today the fellow behind the counter greeted me with "How many?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife stopped at Royal around lunch and they were apparently out already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gomer's Midtown has it, but I didn't pay attention to the price. I guess I'm a bad reader of the site, I only know I spent $34 there. You have to ask for it, they have it hidden in the back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to love secret handshakes and the speakeasy method of getting beer now. Did Founders Devil Dancer even make it here?

    ReplyDelete
  5. royal on stateline hadn't got any in at 11, so I don't think they were out, they just didn't have any yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can confirm Midtown. It was 5.40 a pop

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a bottle at Royal around 11:30, so they may have been out until they started selling it again at 5pm. They announced they were selling half before 5 and half after on Facebook. I think they did something similar with Parabola a few weeks back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are Anonymous, we are aware of the corruption in the world's governments and their apathy for the human lives because of money.

    We are aware of the governments' attempt to cover on the news of the rebellions to keep us as slaves for the current system.

    We are Anonymous, we declare war on the corrupted system, join the plan to get your freedom and rights back. You are a human being, your life has value.

    We are Anonymous,

    We are legion,

    Expect us!

    whatis-theplan(dot)org

    ReplyDelete
  9. Speaking of boozy stouts, Beer Kitchen has Founder's KBS for 15/bottle. Steep but splitting one just to see what the hype is about only costs you 7.50$...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Count your blessings, apparently KBS goes for $30ish for a small (4 oz?) pour in Tokyo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's also a Belgo Anise IRS as part of Stone's Odd Year release program. It's out there with their regular IRS. Ask for them.

    ReplyDelete