Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Brett What

I didn't think it was still possible to see a sight like this today in Overland Park. Granted I saw it in a pretty tiny store. A store so tiny they cost themselves $10 in sales because they had no Lagunitas. Because of that I'm hesitant to point you to where this large stash of Saison-Brett is. But I know you'll do the right thing and ask for some Lagunitas, then maybe you'll be so kind as to go around the corner and tell Maloney's you'd like a Tank 7 on tap. You'll do that right? Okay this stash of Saison-Brett is at Big Daves in downtown Overland Park.

8 comments:

  1. K-7 in Shawnee had a ton as well. Plus a 499.99 Sam Adams Utopia. Also lots of lucky 13

    ReplyDelete
  2. 499.99 bottle of Utopia.... WOW - I hope that Collaboration # 2 is not $75.00 a bottle at K-7 in Shawnee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guy was shocked that only one person bought it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gomer's KS had a Utopia for over a month, and it's a) a beer store, and b) priced at $165. How K-7 sold even one bottle is beyond me.

    But yeah, if you're still looking for Saison-Brett, there is plenty out there. Best bets are places that carry a smaller selection of craft beer--big enough to carry Smokestacks, but small enough that beer folks don't swarm them for every new release.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to see some sort of demographic/beer-o-graphic figures on the KC craft beer market. Hop heads vs. malt heads, etc. I can see Lagunitas not being offered at smaller stores if their clients are geared more to malts, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They still had 8 or so bottles after I bought 2 yesterday. The lady behind the counter was dumbfounded that I spent $25 on 2 bottles of beer.

    -Duff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Top Cellars in Olathe still has a decent amount. I also saw an Odell Woodcut, I think No.4, Sierra Nevada Oliva Dubbel, Avery Maharaja, and Hoppin Frog Hop Damn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sun Fresh by Westport has had it for the last week, at least. And that's in the belly of the beer rush.

    ReplyDelete