Saturday, March 12, 2011

Boulevard Chocolate Ale

I was fairly certain I'd never get to taste this legendary beer, now that I live in Seattle. I was shocked today, when I walked into West Seattle's Beer Junction and saw a huge display of this prized Boulevard beer in the middle of the store. I asked the attendant how they got their hands on this "hot item," and he said that he really didn't know. He did tell me, however, that he knew that the KC-area ran out of the beer "in like 24-hours." I also spied three more cases stacked off in the corner!

I'm not going to open it yet. Would like to wait for an evening I can share it with friends. So the magic will have to wait...

8 comments:

  1. I guarantee that no store in town had the time with this many bottles to build any kind of display like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the members of my beer club found a few cases in Oklahoma City a couple weeks ago. Picked up a few for us. While the Chocolate Ale stampede in KC was something to behold, its interesting to see that at least part of the craze didn't spread beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd trade all the Chocolate Ale for that case of Monks Blood. 21st Amendment makes a damn good beer

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't wait too long. we opened 1 bottle the first day and it was amazing, the 2nd about a week and a 1/2 later and it lost a lot of flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you see the aformentioned Monk's Blood somewhere, BUY IT. It's excellent. It's a Belgian Dark Ale with cinnamon, vanilla, and figs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And yeah, it doesn't surprise me that the chocolate craze didn't spread beyond Kansas City. It was more the hometown Blvd/Elbow buzz and scarcity than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't wait to long to drink it. I hear it doesn't age well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's awesome that a Kansas City beer of this caliber found its way to Seattle and I don't bear any grudge that they have it. Enjoy the taste! And spread the word. Wonderul beer is happening everywhere.

    ReplyDelete