Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sam the Sixth Glass Man

At the end of Monday's episode of "Brew Masters" I thought I noticed a bottle of Sixth Glass sitting on Sam's desk. I paused the show, got up and walked to the TV to get a closer look to verify it being Sixth Glass. I didn't think it was, the font on what would say Sixth Glass looked different and the picture of the Sixth Glass man didn't seem the same. Then last night Paul A. Ner posted the same picture I looked at and when I blow it up it definitely looks like the Sixth Glass man on the picture but the lettering still doesn't look right to me. The bottle just doesn't look like it says Sixth Glass to me, but it doesn't look like any other beer so I'd say I'm 85% sure it's Sixth Glass. Anyway, here's the picture, let us know what you think. Also note the sockless Pony look.

8 comments:

  1. Check out the label on the neck. That's definitely a Boulevard Smokestack label. It must be a Sixth Glass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks the same to me:

    http://www.boulevard.com/BoulevardBeers/the-sixth-glass/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put it this way, if that's not Sixth Glass, Boulevard oughta nail whatever brewery it is for copyright infringement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to say that I was the first person on the internet to post about this (on Twitter and BeerAdvocate).

    I don't know how you could second-guess that its a bottle of The Sixth Glass. The picture doesn't even need to be blow up to be able to say with certainty what that bottle is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barry, I'll give you the rights to first on the call. I didn't even watch the show until Tuesday night.

    I agree completely that it looked like Sixth Glass live and when we rewound it. But when I looked up close, the font and picture don't look quite right.

    That being said, I don't think anyone else has a label that looks like that so I've increased my certainty that it is Sixth Glass to 98%. And the neck label pretty much seals the deal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are plans for the show to come and do an episode at BLVD....hence the sixth Glass.



    Total lie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to say that I know the Boulevard employee that gave it to him. That's just as good as seeing it on TV.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete