Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Seeyoulator Today

Boulevard Seeyoulator is going to hit liquor store shelves in the KC area today (you may have been able to find them yesterday).

I was lucky enough to receive an advance bottle from the fine folks at Boulevard and drank it Sunday. Dopplebocks aren't my cup of tea, but the Seeyoulator is enjoyable. The cedar flavor in it adds just enough flavor to the heavy malt to make it enjoyable. I know Seeyoulator is at least a little anticipated because I teased about it on Twitter a couple of times over the weekend and got several responses asking where I got it.

While we're talking about Boulevard, I would be remiss if I didn't link to the KC Star article about local food and beverage collaborations. The article created a bit of a tizzy with at least one hockey jersey wearing beer blogger because John McDonald expressed his unsire (shutup, I can make up words if I want to) to collaborate with Roasterie on a coffee stout. McDonald rightly says there are too many coffee stouts out there. In my opinion 90% of those coffee stouts aren't very good. McDonald doesn't like fruit beers either (is coffee fruit? it comes from beans. are beans fruit? if they're not, why aren't they?). He's built a pretty big brewery based on his tastes, I think it's okay if he doesn't brew what he doesn't like. Several months ago Paul A. Ner put together a list of some collaborations he'd like to see.


  1. Well, they make a fruit beer whether or not J Mac likes them. I agree on the coffee stout though. Of course The Roasterie wants to do it, I would want my name on Boulevard bottles too if I owned a business. It's not really in Boulevard's wheelhouse though. Why make a beer that is just going to remind me of how good Speedway Stout is. Boulevard has already been late to a few craft beer trends (barrels, sour) and I respect J Mac for not wanting to bandwagon hop like most of the craft breweries out there.

    I'll continue to push my concept for a Boulevard/LC's collaborative smoked unfiltered wheat beer though.

  2. Oh yeah, Swagger had Seeyoulater on draught. I assume this means that more smokestacks are going to be packaged that way in the future. Definitely a good thing.

  3. I didn't realize putting something in the suggestion box qualified as a tizzy, but OK. Actually, I'm leaning more towards the idea of a coffee porter right now. Once again, I totally respect John McDonald's decision. I just think there would be an interest if he was to change his mind. that's all

  4. I was at the brewery on Friday and the brewers were all in the 2nd floor bar going through a few cases of chocolate beer. Steven Pauwels came up to our group and said that it should be out sometime in February... sounds pretty good, so hopefully its a decent collabo.

    We got to taste their Dark Truth Cherry and the Single Wide 7 with Sorachi hops. The Dark Truth was way too sweet, tasted like a cherry jolly rancher. I couldn't even stand the 4oz taster. The Single Wide 7 was amazing. Hopefully they'll put it out in limited release bottles.