Friday, August 20, 2010

Christopher Elbow and Boulevard Collaboration

I wish the collaboration generated a great chocolate stout but not this time. This time the collaboration produced a Sixth Glass ice cream and a Bob's 47 ice cream available this weekend at Glace Artisan Ice Cream (4960 Main by Spin! Pizza).

I'm not sure I'm going to try these out with so many other wonderful flavors available at Glace. Beer flavored ice cream (even beers I love like Sixth Glass) just don't strike me as something I've got to try. Your mileage may vary.

I'm looking much more forward to Boulevard Collaboration #2 with Deschutes.

9 comments:

  1. Ok, the ice cream sounds good, but how about some info on the Deschutes collaboration. This will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the Boulevard and Deschutes collaboration really happening?! How did I miss this! I LOVE Deschutes just can't get it anymore now that I left Washington :(

    Fill us in on this exciting Collab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Anonymous, that is all the information I know and I only know it because I keep my ears open while I'm out. Being somewhat anonymous really helps out sometimes when listening in on conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hopefully deschutes won't insist on making imperial stella artois.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it will be a sour imperial stout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Imperial stout would be neat as I think these two breweries have made top 10 Imperial Stouts in my book (note that dark lord is decidedly not in my top ten, I prefer nuance and if I am going to be beaten over the head with something I would rather it be roast than sweet).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you get Deschutes in the area? I don't think I've had or seen it, but I may just not be looking in the right places.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deschutes is in every state West of Kansas plus TX plus MN and they are either in or planning to enter Wisconsin and the Dakotas. Nowhere close to KC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had the Sixth Glass Ice Cream this weekend. Nice essence of Boulevard, a little of the malt and maybe yeast flavor without going overboard. Unfortunately I didn't see the Bob's 47.

    First time I'd ever been to Glace. I'd only go back if they make more Boulevard flavors (I live 3 hours away anyway). Thanks for the post. I wouldn't have known this place or their Blvd ice cream existed without it.

    ReplyDelete