Believe the Beave Benefit
Stella and I used to go to McCoy's all the time before we had the kids. I could get 2 beers and she could get a dessert. Her favorite dessert was the chocolate peanut butter ice cream sandwich. We were quite saddened to read this week that the inventor of that dessert was shot and killed near his West Plaza home as he was walking to work.
Kevin Beaver loved to cook and was known in nearly every kitchen in KC. He apparently touched many lives including Stella's and mine. McCoy's is having a benefit for his wife and family Sunday, December 27th from 4 to 6 PM.
Benefit Night to remember our treasured cook and good friend Kevin Beaver. He was taken from our presence way before his time and we are gathering the community of Kevin Beaver here at McCoy's to celebrate and remember.
* Entertainment and music in the spirit of Beaver
* Food and drink specials.
* Over $500 of silent auction items to raise funds for the Susie Beaver Fund
* Portion of beer sales will be donated to the Susie Beaver Fund
* Rally the community to support Beaver's family
* Many restaurants and people from Beaver's life are donating items, time and resources to remember this amazing man.
* 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Please share this with anyone who might know Kevin and Susie or might be apart of the McCoy's or Westport/Midtown community.
So go and support Susie Beaver the best you can. Thank you.