Sunday, August 30, 2009

Flea Market Taps

Westport Flea Market has long been known as a place for a great burger. It always seems to be an afterthought, not the first place you think of, when thinking of someplace to eat. At least it is for me.

I guess they're trying to step it up a bit by making it a destination for beer drinkers. They've added 22 new taps giving them a total of around 45 now. Any bar with 45 taps has to have some really good beers ready for you to drink. And any bar that is in the discussion for best burger in town that has 45 taps certainly deserves first thought status.

Welcome to the club, Westport Flea Market, I'm now going to think of you more often.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info! It has been a few months since I have been in, and I had no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, their website hasn't been updated to reflect this. Why are restaurant/bars' websites always an afterthought?

    ReplyDelete
  3. do they take plastic yet? the one thing that's kept me from trying that place is my seeming inability to ever have more than a few dollars in cash on me at any time. great for disappointing potential muggers, bad for experiencing off the path places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last time I was there they still didn't take plastic. It's not kitschy, it's not cute--it's just unacceptable. An establishment that size with that much renown needs to take alternate forms of payment. This isn't 1958.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you guys on the cash only thing. That's probably why the place fell off my radar. I never have cash so places that only take cash get written off because it's too much of a hassle.

    All that said, they make a great burger and now have a great tap selection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't 45 put them over the new magic threshold for being able to sell growlers of anything on tap?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes no sense that they still don't take plastic. Also hate how they stick a waitress at your table for drink orders. If you have a waitress, then why not take the whole order? Plus, I'm sure those gals don't make dick in tips over lunchtime when customers are scrambling for change to pay for a Coke. Just seems odd.

    ReplyDelete