Friday, April 10, 2009

How Not to do a Beer Tasting

I don't know what this lady's schtick is and at the end of the day I don't value her beerpinion, but you simply don't hold a beer tasting in this way. Wes and I are not beer experts and try to eschew any opportunity to be held up as beer experts. We like beer and I like to try any beer I can get my hands on. If I want to get the aroma, I will pour it in a glass. If I want to judge taste, I will drink it from a glass. If I want to give it a review, I will drink a whole bottle to be fair. I don't hold a beer tasting where I drink 5 beers from bottles in 10 minutes and rarely, if ever, do I ask a dummy his opinion.

All of that being said, she was entertaining, which I guess is what she's shooting for, and she was talking about beer and notably our hometown beer. She's got a whole bunch of beer tasting videos on YouTube but also covers other topics including one exalting the greatness that is Glenn Beck (and I think she's serious, but it could very well be a parody, I can't figure Glenn Beck people out). I really only watched this because it was about Boulevard and she kind of looks like Chimpotle when he cross dresses.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! This video was the best and worst 10 minutes of my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she might be "special." That intro about made me shoot myself.

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who picked up on the cigarette butts and cucumbers in Bully Porter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give an idiot a camera and a webcam...

    I guess she doesn't like beer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Give Neil 2 cameras...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Afraid so. What's worse I watched 2 or 3 of her other videos. I've been scarred.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cigarette butts. cucumbers. meat. grass. dirty ass. these are descriptors for beer that I've never heard of before. beer that reminds you of Mom's cooking? wtf? steam or smoke coming out of the bottle? this lady is wack. She took a free wine tasting at her local Walgreens and thinks she knows how to taste any liquor. marionettes freak me out. I wonder about the legitimacy of this husband. I think the marionette is the husband that she talks to when the camera is turned off. This is a gem.

    ReplyDelete