Thursday, August 7, 2008

Foundry Floundering?


Stella and I went over to The Foundry the other night and enjoyed some nice drinks and a sample of a horrible beer, the McCoy's Peach Wheat beer. We really enjoyed ourselves and planned on going there to eat in the near future. On our way out we noticed a sign posting their new hours; 4 PM to 2 or 3 AM. They've given up on serving lunch crowds. That's a shame since Wes and I really enjoyed our lunch there. Hopefully, they are doing a bang up evening and late night business.

Get down there and give The Foundry some of your hard earned dollars. They have some fantastic prices on some of their more than 100 brews and some fun martinis to boot. Go. Enjoy. Now (assuming you're reading this after 4 PM).

7 comments:

  1. Their peach and raspberry are both skanky

    ReplyDelete
  2. after reading your last post on the foundry, i went down there for lunch yesterday w/ my radio rep expecting a good beer and a juicy lucy and found it closed. what a bummer! i will certainly go down there for a happy hour next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sad. I was planning to make The Foundry my three-beer-Friday lunch place of choice. Now I have to find a new place to fill that void.

    ReplyDelete
  4. damnit. that was on my list to hit up for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is disappointing that they cut lunch out so soon. However, I would recommend trying it next time you just want a night out. I've had several nice evenings on the patio. The service is generally good (esp. Ethan the bartender), the menu has some tasty treats, and it never feels overwhelmingly crowded. (Then again, nothing in Westport feels crowded these days.)

    Besides, how can you NOT try a place whose house wines are Riunite and Boone's Farm?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like The Foundry for "patio dinner nights." I never tried eating lunch there.

    American-style peach,raspberry, and blueberry beers are made for people that don't like beer, in my opinion. And they remind me of a woman that wears too much perfume. What the hell are you trying to cover up, woman? One brewery that really takes this to heart is O'Fallon's. It's hard to find any of their product that isn't "smoked" or "fruited." It's like they're trying to cover-up the fact that they can't make a good, clean, honest beer style of any type.

    ReplyDelete
  7. According to their management, the place is having a rough time during the day. According to them they only do good business from 9pm-1am and mostly only on the weekends. It's a shame as they've missed out on some of my business due to the hours.

    ReplyDelete