Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Blanc Burgers and Bottles

First off, The Making of a Foodie is a really great blog that doesn't get posted to enough. I'm always happy when there's a little 1 next to it's title in my Google Reader. When I was reading a post yesterday I found this little blurb.
I started with my friend and current foodie crush, Chef Josh Eans, from The Drop located on Martini Corner. Josh is also the culinary force behind their second location Blanc Burgers and Bottles which opens March 20 at 5 pm. Blanc Burgers and Bottles located at 419 Westport Rd. – between Starbuck’s and Blayney’s, features gourmet burgers and fries served in a seriously glamorous all white restaurant. They will also feature over 150 bottled beers. I can't wait to taste the burger love when these guys open their doors.

Seriously people, drop me an email when you hear of developments like this. 150 bottled beers and great burgers? Why am I only hearing of this now? I can't wait to go. Although, I said that about Chefburger and I skipped it again today, opting for Chipotle instead.

On a completely unrelated note, I have started a little fantasy baseball league. It should be very competitive and if you don't know baseball well you'll get beaten worse than the dude who told Chuck Norris that roundhouse kicks aren't the best way to solve a problem. If you're interested in joining, send me an email at bullevard73@gmail.com.

3 comments:

  1. Beer Friends, I went to "the boys" Grand Opening of Blanc Burgers and Bottles. GO RIGHT NOW! It is very simple, neat clean concept. Awesome burgers . . .Chef Josh recommended to me the Kobe Beef burger, Pork Burger and the Buffalo Burger. 150 types of bottled beer and a bartender who knows his beer. Score! The fries and onion rings with housemade ketchup, mustard and spicy mayo ROCKS!I am still dreaming about the spicy mayo. This is a great place to start your night with dinner and then slide into the bar scene and kick back a few. Tell Eddie, Ernesto and Josh, Foodie says "Howdy!" I am touched you like my blog . . .if I am a Foodie does that make you a Drinkie? A Drunkie? Many thanks! JV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, I have been to ChefBurger too! Chef Rob will surely have another home run on his hands with this concept. I heard tale that this is the concept he is building as his growth vehicle down the road. It's a smart choice. If you have eaten at Taylor's Automatic in Napa (been featured on Food Network many times) his burgers and place are very close. The only thing that makes it a little different is the location NOT in the heart of the Napa Valley but in the heart of the KC Crossroads. Different from Blanc Burgers and Bottles ChefBurger is letting you make your own burger and they are serving more traditional burgers than gourmet. Man, some things will just always be good just the way God intended and a good old burgers is one of them. If it ain't broke. . . .to drink they have wine and beer. BEER, I said! But if you a feeling flirty get one of his spiked milkshakes and meet a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to Blanc a few times. It is serious good food. The burgers are awsome. I've had the inside out (blue cheese cooked inside the burger) and the buffalo burger. I've eaten buffalo in the past and it tends to be on the dry side, but the burger at Blanc was excellent. I also love the sweet potato fries - they are nicely seasoned and crispy and not like mushy sweet potato fries I've had in the past. Of course there is the excellent beer selection, too. And if you want to go out for a few somewhere else afterward, you can just walk to your favorite Westport watering hole.

    ReplyDelete