Saturday, February 9, 2008

Stout Shout

I hesitated posting this because I didn't really want everyone to get there before I do. I probably won't be able to try this stout for a couple of weeks. But it sounds very good and I can't wait to get a taste. I hope that I get there on a really cold day, the perfect weather to enjoy an oak aged stout.

Bourbon Street ain't got nothin' on 75th Street's...

Last Rites Bourbon Imperial Stout

You don't need a Fat Tuesday to indulge in this Stout! Once upon a time, our Last Rites Imperial Stout poured like it ought to - dark, rich, slow, with strong notes of molasses, caramel & honey. But that wasn't good enough for the 75th Street Brewers. We found fresh Bulleit Bourbon barrels and topped them off with said stout - leaving them to infuse ‘til February.

THIS MONDAY, February 11th @ 5:30, we'll be tapping the kegs of this stronger, bourbon & vanilla-noted brew. It's complex, alright - in a way even we never imagined!

It's going to be one helluva Happy Hour - we're also serving up feasts of flavor that flag the stout:

Bulleit Bourbon & Maple Marinated Pork Loin

Peppercorn Encrusted Flat Iron Steak- smothered in caramelized onions & Bulleit Burbon sauce

& Bourbon Balls - a la mode with a Last Rites reduction

So give a shout out about the stout to your friends & family - wet your whistle and warm your belly at the 75th Street Brewery

Monday, February 11th @ 5:30!

Cheers -

The Brewers


  1. Bull, I only wish there were pictures of the "dirty dancing".
    It was great meeting you all!
    *Throw away the chapstick*

  2. I would rather release a sex tape of myself than photographic evidence of my dancing. At least with the sex tape someone would be viewing my prowess instead of my dancing inadequacy.

    Did you really dump that chapstick? I had forgotten about that.

  3. Surely you jest, unlike the free drinks and food at Howl, that Aveda cost, I did wipe it off though!!! :)

  4. "we'll be tapping the kegs of this stronger, bourbon & vanilla-noted brew"

    Damn that sounds good. As much as I love beer, I am developing an appreciation for bourbon.

    Unfortunately I have people in from overseas for a project until Friday.

    If anybody goes, find out if they'll draw a jug for takeout, cuz I'd like to try it!

    N }:-

  5. That sounds like some good stout. In a fortunate coincidence, I'm reviewing stouts all month. I'll have to try and get over there on Thursday, my day off.

  6. I'll be there Monday night with bells (balls) on. Stouts and Porters are kinda my thang...also Belgians...and whisky and I canst resistest "my precious." Sounds like a YumFest Extrordinaire. We'll see if it's a glass-licking experience.

    Bad Ben
    Opinionated Bastard

  7. Hey Ben, I wish I could make it Monday, or some time this week but it's just not going to happen this week.

    Thanks for the offer of the Sherpa porter, a truly fabulous beer. Maybe one of these upcoming weeks I'll take you up on your offer.

  8. next time wait for my professional whip cream shots, you didn't get my best side

  9. Diva, don't sell yourself short, you don't have a bad side. I didn't know you were a pro, you never gave me your card.