Friday, August 17, 2007

The Studio Restaurant and Bar

Heads up! There's a new bar downtown! I can't yet talk about it because I've not been, but I'm always happy to see new pubs sprout up--especially when they boast of having twelve beers on tap! I'M SO EXCITED, I'M GIDDY!!!!

Here's the lowdown. They offer on tap: Bud, Bud Light, Miller Lite, PBR, Stella, Guinness, Fat Tire, Blvd. Wheat, Blvd. Pale Ale, Newcastle, Peroni and Blue Moon.

Happy Hour is from 3-7 pm Monday-Saturday (closed Sundays)
and the bar is offering late night drink specials as well.

You can hear live music every Friday and Saturday, join in on karaoke each Thursday, and participate in open mike night on Wednesday.

1118 McGee Street
Downtown Kansas City, MO


  1. I've been hearing about this place and finally got to try it.
    Funny enough, I was goint to the Sprint Center to see a show and started at McFaddens. Cool place but seemed very corporate, loud and like a cattle drive. The menu was decent but not thrilling, so we left. We heard some people talking about The Studio and followed. I was glad we did!
    There's something to say about local owned! We were embraced the moment we showed up. The menu was major variety and the portions were enormous! I'm a tap beer guy and they had 12 on tap, a good variety. I liked the historical space and warm feeling bar with all the oak. The only thing I wished I'd seen was more people in was moderate but I thought it should be busier. I think it's just a matter of people knowing it's there. It's kinda off the beaten path. I think it's the best kept secret in downtown. I've been back 3 times since and had no issues. Would definitely reccommend.

  2. I've been hearing about The STudio for about a month and never knew where it was. Found it on mcgee which is not a busy street.
    Great beer selection of 12 although one was sold out (couldnt tell which one, the tap was taken off)
    Tried Boddington for the first time, like Guiness but lighter, same sexy pour.
    Totally loved the place, the bartender was awesome!! More of a local flavor place. That was refreshing.
    would recommend.

  3. More of a local flavor, exactly. The history of the place is amazing, and until recently, I was completely unaware of the great architect Louis Curtiss. (Check out kcskyscrapers for a HUGE list of his work!)

    The way I see it, they have a lot to offer, but they better find their groove before even more places open up. I don't get out too much, and there are relatively few places I go:

    Davey's Uptown
    The Brick
    Record Bar
    Flea Market

    and those with the same vibe. I would love to see The Studio cater to the local, loyal crowd and let the suburbian tourist have McCrappens. I don't want to hang out with them anyway.