Put a cork in me

Well, that was stupid.  When I started writing for this blog, I told you that I worked for a local beer distributor.  In my first post I said, "I hope that makes me a knowledgeable blogger, not a biased stooge, but I'll let you be the judge."  Now the verdict is in and it looks like I need to learn when to keep my mouth shut.

My post this morning was meant to educate and inform readers about an important, but delicate issue facing our community.  My intent was to remain neutral, to present both sides of the argument as I saw them and let you make up your own mind.  But good intentions often lead to unintended consequences and that was the case today.

My position within the industry is a double edged sword.  There are times when my background in the beer industry is an asset that gives me an insiders perspective.  But there are some issues for which my day job makes me the exact wrong person to get involved.  Politics is clearly such an issue.  And though I am as opinionated as anyone on issues of beer regulation (perhaps even more so), it is clear to me now that this is a topic I should not touch on this blog.

I apologize to anyone I may have offended with this morning's post and I promise that in the future I will leave the political articles to Pat.

Cheers,

Brad

Other Popular Posts on KC Beer Blog