Mission Twitical Pub Crawl

So, Saturday afternoon I was sitting around watching some episodes of “Undeclared” while my kids were taking an afternoon nap. I picked up the laptop to check my email and Twitter and noticed a couple of my Twitter pals twitting about bars in Mission. Someone jokingly suggested a Mission pub crawl which I found funny because, you know, there's barely any bars in Mission. But as a group, 3 or 4 of us came up with every bar in Mission. Armed with that sort of information I came up with a map for the Mission Twitical Pub Crawl.

View Larger Map

Because of the scarcity of bars in Mission, we had to include a couple of nontraditional places for a pub crawl. I don't make a habit of drinking at an Applebee's bar, but I'm a fan of the Brewtus. I've never eaten in a Pizza Shoppe but I think they have a bar, I could be wrong about that, I'm not going to go and find out. So, as you'll be able to tell from the map, the pub crawl starts at Lucky Brewgrille and crosses Johnson Dr. to get to JJ's Other Place. From there you hit up RJ's Bob-Be-Cue where they have some really cheap mixed drinks and really top notch barbecue. Next up comes the boring part of the crawl, the Applebee's, Pizza Shoppe loop (this may be poorly planned because you're walking 4 or 5 blocks to go to Applebee's). After the Pizza Shoppe you make your way back across Johnson Dr. and go to Mission Lounge, a new bar next to the defunct Mission theater. You then go around the corner to the gem of Mission, Key Hole Tavern. After Key Hole you go to the back side of the Mission Crossing shopping center to the Clarette Club where you can partake in some Golden Tee, pool, trivia or Karaoke, just don't expect good service. When you finish up the Clarette you cross Martway and bowl a frame at Mission Bowl and share a couple of pitchers with your fellow pub crawlers.

I'm a bit surprised, but it sounds like a pretty fun time. I think the Twitter gang will be doing this some time in the new year. Behold the power of Twitter where I turned a boring Saturday afternoon into a fun pub crawl to take place sometime soon with little or no effort on my part.

Other Popular Posts on KC Beer Blog