Studio in Trouble

First, Tanner's downtown is closing next month. It's been covered elsewhere and they're not blaming the Power and Light district. I agree with them mostly, service was usually pretty bad and business was never really brisk. Today I find out that The Studio Restaurant and Bar is going to stop serving breakfast and lunch. I didn't even know they served breakfast and I don't know anyone who ever ate lunch there. I have always been afraid to eat there because I've seen numerous episodes of "Kitchen Nightmares" and The Studio reminds me of a place in need of Gordon Ramsey. Although, I must say, their menu looked fine and I had contemplated eating there for lunch.

I know that The Studio has pretty good karaoke nights and some concerts, but I've never heard of any of the bands they book (but I'm NOT an expert on music bookings). I've never enjoyed my time in the place but I have always appreciated that they were over there (how many times am I going to use the word "there" in this post, I'm making myself sick). I don't think they'll be open much longer so try and hit it up, rock some Oke and give them some business. It won't be long before you can't get any local flavor in downtown KC. Bring on the Friday's!

Other Popular Posts on KC Beer Blog