Friday, July 12, 2013

Win tickets to Alamo's Spinal Tap beer dinner

With it's unique mix of current releases, cult classics and interactive events like sing-alongs and quote-alongs, the Alamo Drafthouse in downtown Kansas City has quickly become one of the best spots in town to catch a movie. The unique calendar of entertainment at the dine-in theater is matched by an enjoyable food menu and a respectable, quality selection of beers that you can sip on from the comfort of your seat as you enjoy a film. And even better, everything is reasonably priced.


Back in November, Alamo started trying their hand at a new sort of event: beer dinners. They kicked things off with a multi-course dinner paired with Boulevard beers and a screening of the film Strange Brew. They are continuing the successful combination of food, Boulevard and comedy on Monday, July 22nd with a new beer dinner event that will feature four courses, four Boulevard beers (Zon, 80 Acre, Reverb, and the new Pop-Up Session IPA) and a screening of This Is Spinal Tap. Full menu can be found in the image below.

During one of my recent Twitter rants about overpriced beer dinners, the theater reached out to me to see if I was interested in checking out what a beer dinner was like Alamo-style. Unfortunately, I'll be fulfilling my fatherly duties the night of the 22nd and can't make it, but I wanted to give one of the blog's readers the opportunity to check it out. So, one lucky winner will be selected to receive a pair of tickets to the Spinal Tap beer dinner. The only requirement is that you must give me an 8-page, single spaced review of the event. Or just tweet me. Whatever works.

To enter, simply comment below and tell me your favorite beer that was made in collaboration with or as an homage to a band or musician. Make sure to also include a form of contact in your comment; e-mail address, Twitter handle, whatever works.

Deadline for entries is 11:59pm on Monday, July 15th. I'll randomly select a name and announce the winner on Tuesday the 16th.

Find more information on the event and buy tickets here: http://drafthouse.com/movies/boulevard-beer-dinner-this-is-spinal-tap/kansas_city

Good luck to all who enter!




32 comments:

  1. Gotta be Dogfish Head's "Bitches Brew"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't ever get my hands on any, but the Pearl Jam 20 Faithfull Ale was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta be Hop STASH IPA by Ithaca for Phish... @andrewhicks237

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of Brother Thelonious from North Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure drinking raspberry beer could ever be considered a "favorite" but you gotta love Abita's Purple Haze for the name alone! aimeesun@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed Bells This one Goes to 11. @whiskeydeez

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peach Porch Lounger made by New Belgium, for G Love.
    pappy698@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This beer never made it to production but MMMhop IPA inspired by the band Hanson would have been epic! @thatfi

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Trevor - It actually did finally make it into production, they are working with Mustang out of Oklahoma to brew. So your hopes to try it are still alive!

    http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/05/30/mmmhops-new-beer-by-hanson-toasts-former-boy-bands-comeback/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peach Porch Lounger was great after aging a year! I have a bottle of the Pearl Jam 20, but have yet to taste it. I fear it's gotten too old. We'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Iron Maiden Trooper!

    gotween@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. 21st amendment Back in Black. You know where to find me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I gotta go with the Pearl Jam 20 too. I'm slightly embarrassed that I spent too much on a bottle on eBay, but I bought it mostly to have the bottle itself for nostalgia. The beer itself was unmemorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. mmmmmmmhops beeeple beeple doo bop mmmmmmmhops beeple beeple doo bop

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would have to say Lost Abbey track 10...Bat Out Of Hell.
    mikennat@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The rich, golden Long Strange Tripel in grateful tribute by Boulevard!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The rich, golden Long Strange Tripel in grateful tribute by Boulevard!

    kcgrown@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gwar's Impaled Ale from Cigar City. Never had it but it sure sounds awesome.

    jbboling@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. New Belgium Clutch

    patthomsen88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have gotta go with bitches brew.

    ReplyDelete
  22. toxic revolution stout by Three Floyds

    runin_crazy@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stillwater Lower Dens

    erasingclouds at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rye'DaTiger, Great Beer and a great song. platzy19@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Purple Haze by Abita

    hauditt@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. So Fresh & So Green, Green - Terrapin

    I'm entering only so I can hang out with @GayYoda.

    @kylefblack

    ReplyDelete
  27. One by (512)

    ckneidel@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stillwater Sensory Series Lower Dens

    @notlarrycurtis

    ReplyDelete
  29. Definitely going with Bitches Brew.

    areakode@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Iron Maiden "Trooper" because well it's Iron fricking Maiden.

    tykhoshoe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations to Jamie York, you were selected as the winner! I'll be reaching out via e-mail.

    ReplyDelete