Monday, January 4, 2010

Get Your Irish On

It's a bit anti-climactic this year but Boulevard Irish Ale sixers will be at your local liquor store today or tomorrow, depending on when they get a delivery. If you follow me on Twitter you would know that Irish has been in the Boulevard variety packs since before Christmas. I've already had a couple over the Christmas break and they're as fabulous as always. I expect Stella will probably come home with some this afternoon since it is her favorite beer of all. If you live in KCMO, maybe the roads will be cleared off enough for you to get your own this afternoon. I did say maybe.


  1. Twas the day after New Years and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
    The bottles were empty all over the place, I just popped some Advil as my mind was erased.

    Wes Port and Ward were snug in their beds while nightmares of air planes danced through their heads. Chambord in her PJ's and I in the bare had decided we were on vacation and time to go somewhere.

    First stop in Seattle was the Whole Foods Store. Time to replenish our bodies and start drinking once more.

    When what to my wondering eyes should appear but 4 little bottles marked Boulevard Beer! I dashed and I danced and I pranced on over, stumbling and tripping like again I wasn't sober.

    Boulevard Beer wasn't the only thing I read, it said Bourbon Barrel Quad as I scratched my head. As I picked up the bottle and hefted the weight I was surprised to see 6000 out of 11248.

    To the untrained eye this might seem quite trite, but I was a bit confused on the count of bottle in my sight.

    I have the current series out of 11384 and the original was around 7500 but no more. How many times have they brewed the caramel color so good, 3 seems to many for aging 6 months in wood.

    It didn't matter, I was ready to buy, I ran to the cashier and looked him in the eye. I threw open my wallet and out flew the cash, snatched all 4 bottles and flew home in a dash.

    Now I sit in my house with a bad head cold, unable to drink my liquid gold. I look to the day when I open my beer and guzzle it down with newfound holiday cheer!

    If anyone knows the answer to the riddle to my song, let me know fast as this beer won't last long!

  2. Are you drinking this year's BBQ or last year's? Last year's in so so much better - they lost some mouth feel with lack of carbonation in this year's. If you can find it try the Founder's Backwoods Bastard.