Friday, July 10, 2009

The Brew Top?

The Beer Blog is normally one of the best places for breaking news on beer in Kansas City, but today I was hoping our readers could shed some light on a new establishment opening in the Northland.

As I was heading back from lunch near Zona Rosa, I noticed a crew putting up a sign for a new place called the Brew Top. It appears to be going into the space formally occupied by the Granfalloon Northland. I was going to snag a picture of the sign, but I didn't want to creep out co-workers with my elite blogging skills.

Has anyone heard of this place before? Let me know in the comments. Sounds like it may be a nice place to grab a craft beer in a part of town now only being served by Granite City. Depending on what I hear back, I'll plan on some more indepth recon next week.

6 comments:

  1. Word on the street is they are just changing their name. Nothing to see here. Good idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was intrigued by the sign and went in to see if there was any craft beer to be had. Nope. Though there were lots of Bud Light and Jagermeister specials and bartenders with ball caps on backwards all hyped up on red bull. Fun place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped in to see for myself. Lots of change from old granfalloon. heard they are changing the menu from a sign they had posted on the door.I was up there for the ufc fights on saturday and noticed all the new flat screens.Might be nice during football season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also up there for the UFC Fights, it was busy, had a good time, but as far as "lots of changes from old granfalloon." If ur talking about putting a new sign on the door and some new tv's, that's about it for good changes. I haven't had the "new menu" yet. THere is a couple of good bartenders there and pretty sure they're from "old granfalloon".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was up there for the UFC fight and it was a great time. $4 bombs on a Saturday? Who else does that? That was great/bad news. LOL. I went back on Thursday night and the new menu was up. The selection was good and the food special was $5 Tenderloin Sandwich with fries. I got that and a couple beers for $2 bucks each. The bartender downstairs was a smartass, which I love, and I will def. be coming back ALOT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost forgot the best part!!! The guy next to me even ordered this huge Tenderloin thing that was some kind of MAN vs FOOD like challenge. He almost finished it but came up 10 fries short. Quite entertaining to see the customers cheer him on.

    ReplyDelete