Toby Keith's


I'm going to preface this post with the note; I have not actually been to Toby Keith's I Love This Bar & Grill. But I have seen it on TV and I think get a pretty good idea of the place. Have you ever seen one of those skits on SNL where they have the guest host sing a song advertising their restaurants, my favorite is Derek Jeter's Taco Hole. Toby Keith's place reminds me of those, only, you know, it's real. *The Stevie Nicks Fajita Roundup skit was removed from the original post.

My reason for writing about Toby Keith's putrid bar and grill though is because the greatest talent show ever films out of there. The show is called Harrah's Big Break and I found it a couple of Saturdays ago while enduring another SNL rerun (good job writers, thanks for going on strike). I flipped over to KMBC during a commercial break and I saw someone singing off key. It's really just a bad karaoke night, only televised with judges. The first night I watched it some guy who played for the Wizards was a judge. It's truly a splendid way to spend an hour.

The best part is when they do crowd shots and the crowd is the hardcore gambler set that's hanging out in the bar waiting until the time limit is up when they can get some more cash to gamble away. Everyone looks only mildly interested in the goings on as they're sucking down drinks from little plastic cups. Classy. Of course, there's nothing really interesting going on on the stage either, just some low level karaoke singing (not that there's anything wrong with karaoke, but it shouldn't really be televised).

Just trust me and set your DVR's for KMBC Saturday nights at 11 PM. You won't be sorry.

Other Popular Posts on KC Beer Blog